Originally Posted by Citori16
Reasonably accurate and reliable 22 semi pistol for truck gun. Ruger or Buckmark.?

I've owned the 22/45, MKII, and Buckmark. Factory barrels, as well as Pac-Lites on each. I think they're about the same in terms of reliability. Rugers seemed to shoot better, but might have been the sight radius, or some difference in sight design that my eyes preferred.

As a side note, the Pac-Lite barrels took a beating on the alloy breech face. I wouldn't buy another and would just get the factory 22/45 Lite instead.

I never cared for the Ruger bolt that you need to pinch, or the goofy grab-ons. The Browning slidebar is a little better in terms of replicating a centerfire pistol for overhand manipulation. You may not care about that aspect, but I was shooting the MKII a lot for awhile and when I switched to my centerfires I found myself pinching the slide and thumbing the heel for mag changes blush I was shooting the MKII a ton but it was still embarrassing as hell.

For riding in the truck, I got a Charger. It's been a hoot. And I wouldn't mind trying the M&P 22lr Compact. Based on the reports it seems like it's more reliable than the Rugers or Brownings that I've owned and shot.