I have used a 22-250 varmint rifle on them in open fields especially right after hay was cut -some shotgunning -rimfire and a pellet rifle.
I'm not the best shotgun shooter and prefer shooting them with my suppressed CZ 22lr from around 30-50 yards.
Set up near a lone tree preferably a dead one -I place the owl decoy above two crow decoys even if I have to tie the owl to a limb. Turn the crow decoys back to the owl -I think it makes the crows think 'look out behind you'. A third crow decoy placed wherever . My best is only six but it's a lot of fun w/a suppressed rifle using sub sonic hollow points .

My cousin Deb's pawinlaw is an old crow hunter -he told me his favorite way of shooting them is to place a few old #1 leg hold traps on fence posts . Place decoy/caller 25-30 feet out from fence -the crows will land on top of fence post and step in the little trap -then be hanging flopping trying to fly and drive the other crows nuts -says it's irresistible to them. Of coarse live decoys is illegal now days.

When I kill a hog at my lease I know they avoid the feeder for a bit so I use that time to whack the local crows .
We have crows and ravens down here -the ravens can't seem to "crow" very loud and are smaller in size. I set up and wait them out fully camoed -my feeder back then was a 6.5 gallon corn thrower hanging off of a 12' treated 4x4 --the landing pad-- . I get buck fever when I see the black shadow flash by on the ground knowing frick or frack is getting ready to get shot.

I enjoy that type of hunting or predator calling as much as I enjoy shooting a big buck or hog -especially when my freezer is full.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.