Originally Posted by rost495

I have a lot of shooting under my belt. Wife does too. Lots of it was offhand but in competition which is not the same as hunting.

Much more than me I'm sure. I shot .22s a lot as a kid and did a couple years of target shooting in college, but nothing big. I'm always open to suggestions.

As to the errors.... I understand the math, but I run on worst case... which is why I'm pretty picky about shots and just dont' care if I go home empty, rather that than mess one up....

Completely agree. The only real point is that it is the shooter not the .5 or 1.5 rifle that matters most in the equation.

Re the dummy shells, that is one of the BEST if not the best idea for training to ever come along.

I wanted to ensure I would automatically cycle the bolt after the shot prior to a trip to Africa. It has served me well. One note of caution, the blanks will cycle easier than a just fired round so I had to continue to make sure I used a good grip when cycling the bolt even though I don't need to with the blanks.