Originally Posted by rost495

My take on this has always been I'd never try it. Just flat to much risk to wounding game which I think they don't care about.

Sounds a bit elitist to say someone like Franz doesn't care vs you and your stated position, especially since he cares enough to master the discipline for his hunting end use.

You owe it to the animal, to yourself, and to anyone you may be assisting, to practice your offhand, and to practice moving, as it may be needed during a follow up on a crippled animal. Same as if you intended to use that AR or a handgun to defend life. You owe it to those that would depend upon you, to practice and learn to get off the X, while being proficient at shooting off hand with you and your target moving. Some would say to snub your nose to that skill set as being poor, not good.

Quite a few do not care and do lob unvetted Hail Mary shots at game, but I do not believe that hunters who perfect their craft with shooting on the wing, or shooting on the flush, are somehow "They", and as a group, "do not care".

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood