I suggest a cz American because it has a stock suitable for use with a scope and a barrel lenght less excessive than the trainer/lux/ulux group of guns. The trainer/lux/ultra lux all have long barrels with iron sights. The stocks have excess drop in the butt stock designed for using iron sights. 99% of rimfire shooters want a scope. That is the American, only cz option for a normal size adult. (the varmint is a heavy specialty gun)

I dont like the 455 as much, but a proper 455 is better than a mis fit 452. I would prefer a Ruger to a 455, But I am not the Op's friend. I have a 453 which is a superb firearm but those are history now.

I suggest a cz because that is what the op said his friend wants. So; he may need to show some decipine and character and work and save his money. A new concept for some these days. Or borrow to get a gun from Whitakers which are probably all sold out by now.

For the cz gun nut a 452 scope can be restocked. The 452 scout also has too much drop in the comb. And the stock is too short.

A gun stock should fit. A first gun should fit.

The cz99 are zastava and a very poor gun compared to the check cz or ruger American. Those 99's are fine for what they are and might be a good project. Most important is cheap price. There is always/always a market for cheap. That is not a bad thing either. It is just not a quality cz alternative - IMHO.