Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Lotsa things wrong with the pics associated. People don't heal that quickly.

And besides, I don't think it would have happened since he was driving a Ski-Doo! wink

Props for the timeline/ photo layout thing they did though. laugh

I can assure you the pictures are true. I don't know how those surgeons performed the miracle they did, as that is what it is, nothing short of a miracle. I was the first person to see the man, other than his hunting partner, after the attack. The date was april 15th. It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen in my life, as you can see from the pictures.

Is there a story? The dude is obviously blind now correct?

He lost one eye, but can see out of the other. He is the toughest SOB I have ever known.

These pics look horrific to the layman, but in fact the injuries aren't that bad, speaking from a medical trauma perspective. The facial injuries basically amount to nothing more than a large flap laceration, and as the "after" pics show, it was clearly repairable. The loss of his eye was/is really the only serious permanent injury. I've actually seen worse facial flap lacs on people who've gone through a windshield. When you consider the fact that that griz could've killed him by biting through his neck/throat, ripping open his chest or abdomen, etc, all of which are within a grizzly's attack repertoire, he came out pretty OK.

Good work by the surgeons, though, and I am in no way belittling the man. He must be one tough hombre. Glad he's doing better.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars