When I used to shoot a recurve I shot purely instinctive. I use a single pin sight in a slider on my compounds now and can't even imagine going back. That said though, there used to be quite a few people who shot recurves with pin sights and no one peed on them then for doing it.

First thing I'd ask is how much draw weight and how long have you been pulling it? You might be able to pull a dozer out of a ditch bare handed, but you still don't use the same muscles. So, it might just be a matter of time to get the muscles built enough to allow you to steady up.

Second, a coach or even anyone knowledgeable should look at your form and that can really make it a lot easier. No matter what kind of bow you shoot, it's all about form and consistent form. Quit doing the wrong things and learn to do the right thing each and every time. Just one simple thing like putting a death grip on the bow can scatter arrows all over the place.

In many ways it's like shooting off hand with a rifle accurately. Little things from your feet up to your ears can make huge differences. You need to stack your skeleton solidly and reliably to at least give your brain and muscles a fighting chance to do what you want to do.