Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by rost495
I've no issue if someone wants a pin on their recurve or long bow.

I don't want that anymore, but I did have a recurve with them once..

And did tape an eraser on a long bow and put a stick pin in for a sight...

The stick bows to me are best done instinctive, but that takes a LOT of practice and short distances...

Personally I won't shoot past 15 anyway so hubcap size groups(6-8 inches or so ) are more than good enough anyway.

The other thought, if you are having trouble, it could be the bow just isn't fit for you... not that its a long bow, just doens't fit...

BIL has an old ben pearson 60 pounder... I can't shoot it for flip...

Go to my brack recurve, I'm fine and at 15 I can usually come close to touching fletches

10-4 on the above Rost, but the 'fit' part is where I don't understand, this bow feels like a fine instrument, everything I try to do with it including drawing and firing is so damn easy and smooth, I don't know what else I could do or even ask for a better feeling and easier to fire bow, I just gotta learn where to hold the dang thing. blush

I didn't make time to read below this post...

If its not stacking and you think you are fine... 60 would be a lot of weight IMHO, IE my brack is made to my draw length specifically, and only around 52 or so IIRC pounds. Plenty weight with a good arrow and COC head.( are there any other kind? LOL)

Anyway I saw the link, and I didn't read it, above, but i suspect its going to be telling you to start with any new to you bow, and start close. When I've changed bows sometimes I"m Way off... instinctively. Your body and eye and brain have to get used to that. I start up around 5 steps or so, and since you can ruin arrows if you are decent shooting gropus, I usually try a few aiming points and shoot 1 only at each.
Once I get to where im' not 6 inches or whatever off, I move back a bit at a time. I stop at 15 obviously because our deer move way to much at the shot and its not ethical to take longer shots here. I practiced way further out than that for caribou one summer..

But start up close and small... then move out. I'd think that a summer of shooting will make it all good.

And a really weird note.. I will shoot a glove before a tab, but I generally try not to shoot antyhing but bare fingers... its tough to get them toughened up... but I have much better release and anchor feeling.

Finally even at 15, I often make a tiny dot to aim at, and sometimes its something small like the busted nock off an arrow or even a piece of arrow shaft stuck in the block. Aim small miss small I think they say.

I HAVE to concentrate on the smallest hair so to speak, and then life usually worked right.

All that said, my recurve gathers dust due to a fire injury. I see it laying there every night on the cedar chest when I go to bed..... that sucks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....