Originally Posted by gunner500
.................be akin to hair lipping the pope if I were to install a sight pin on my longbow?

I got broad shoulders and can take the heat if it's really that outta line, so don't hold anything back.

Well.......I've seen scopes on old school muzzle loaders and Sharps rifles. You wouldn't be the first but I would try to make it vintage appropriate. Find a sight that isn't stupid modern and simple looking.

I will say this, shooting a traditional bow the traditional way isn't something you just pick up and do like a compound bow with all the bells and whistles. You fatigue a lot faster and get frustrated a lot quicker if you aren't on. There's been many a time I wanted to snap my bows over my knee but sometimes walking away is the best medicine. Shooting at a bullseye style target gets old and for me gets frustrating. Do some fun shooting at things other than traditional targets. Stump shooting, shooting at tennis balls, eggs, whatever with a flu flu can sharpen your eye and improve your shooting skills. Also do some shooting and just concentrate on form. Stack up some hay bails or shoot at a large target and just focus on form and not where your hitting. I've found most people quit because they expect to be Robin Hood the day they pick the bow up. It takes time to get good with a traditional bow and even when you've been shooting on for thirty or so years you have days where you couldn't hit the ground if you tried. Stick with it and it will be rewarding.

Last edited by Stickbow; 05/27/17.