To the whole group here, I've been wondering what the fascination is with these cups. I looked at them at the local Wal-mart and saw that the plastic top seals by pressing into the top of the cup but the slot for drinking is always open.

How is this desirable?

I've used the Contigo insulated cups for years that I bought at Costco. The tops screw on and have an auto-seal opening for drinking. Depress a big button on one side of the lid and take a swallow or two, release the button and the opening seals up. You can lay the cup on its side or turn it upside down and it won't leak. No need to worry about putting it back in a cup holder to keep it upright so the drink doesn't spill.

In the summer I keep a couple empty cups in the fridge so they are pre-chilled to the beverage temperature to begin with which increases their cold-holding power to some unknown degree.

They come two 14 ounce cups for $20.00 at Costco but you can buy them individually at Target or at www.gocontigo.com in sizes up to 24 ounce. I just bought one of the 24's for $26.00 and it's great. No spilling ever. Same ice or hot holding capabilities as Ozark Trail or Yeti and did I mention - No possibility of spilling in any position unless the spring loaded button fails.

I can see the economic advantage of the Wal-mart cups but when all you have to do is let go of the cup to prevent spilling your drink all over yourself or the interior of the vehicle I guess I'd rather spend the money.

Value, I guess, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder (or in this case the be-drinker?)