Frankly I never got the whole ultra expensive scope thing. People wax on about clarity , light gathering, image quality of this brand over the other. I can see it in a binocular more than a rifle scope as I look thru my binocular for a period of time and often for a higher level of fine detail. My use of a scope is quite different as in oh look there's a deer peek, squeeze , bang. I doubt I look through my scope more than a few seconds and I'm not really interested in seeing the veins in the leaf on the tree behind him. The qualities I find important in a scope are holding zero, magnification , size / weight suitability for my rifle and then to a lesser degree image quality, clarity, light gathering etc. these last three are last and a much less importance to me as we live in a time where one can pretty much take it for granted that even cheaper scopes provide adequate levels in these categories for hunting purposes. Heck even blister pack Tascos are adequate in these categories. For example I have two vari x ii scopes on my main hunting rifles that I bought used years ago.They zoom and hold their zero faithfully. I have never had a issue seeing deer during legal shooting hours and beyond, and they are fairly lightweight and proportioned to fit the rifles they are mounted on. What more do you need.

Last edited by bangeye; 09/12/16.