You obviously haven't tried many Ruger American Rifles. There were problems initially with the stocks, though in several examples I didn't encounter any that couldn't bee free-floated with a couple minute's work with a round rasp. But maybe a couple of years ago they stiffened the stocks and pretty much solved the problem. I have three here right now that had the barrels centered in the forend and properly floated right out of the box. The actions can be very smooth, though some are smoother than others.

The triggers can be adjusted down to 2.5 to 3 pounds with the instructions (depending on the trigger) but it only takes a few more minutes to easily remove the mainspring and either replace or modify it for a lighter pull. How much creep depends on the individual trigger, but I'd say most are relatively creep-free. I know all this because I didn't judge every RAR on the basic of ONE rifle, but on several examples.

The only Savage Axis .22-250 here right now had a similar properly bedded, stiff stock right out of the box. Dunno how recently you tried one, but this one's at least three years old. It shoots most handloads well under an inch, and some around 1/2", holding it normally over bags off the bench. The barrel did foul some at first so I installed Dyna Bore-Coat, which solved the problem. All I've done to it is lighten the main trigger spring, as with the RAR's. Now it breaks cleanly at around 2.5 pounds. If you want to argue stock esthetics, then there are a bunch of "classic" rifles that had walnut stocks that also sucked.

Have also had very good results from more than one T/C Venture, which some would rate as a step up from the lowest priced "affordable" rifles. They run about $100 more than an RAR but less than a Tikka.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck