shyyyyyyt
I found a gen 2 h&r 1871 excell auto 12 ga at a pawn shop. out the door $174 total Turkish lower sarsimal and Remington barrel system
takes remchokes
remingdog bought h&r I geuss
price tag said gas system inop single shot only
that was on a Tuesday
did some innanet checking on reviews and disassembly/assembly and downloaded a owners manuel
went back on Thursday
asked if i could dissemble the gun to check it out
seen the problem as soon as i took off the forearm and looked in front of the gas block
per innanet video guys saying
always make sure you take off the oring before you take off the barrel and don't lose it

previous owner didn't know where to put the gas seal o-ring back on when he cleaned it i geuss problably seen a o-ring lying their and wondering wtf... he had it in the middle of the piston between the high and low load settings for some strange reason had to take some effort to stretch it and put it in the spot.....instead of in front of the gas block on the mag tube and behind the forearm where it belongs
dumbass........

geuss plenty of people don't read their owners manuels

pawn shop owner was a little miffed I "fixed" it their on the spot and bought it
3 chokes and a decent guncase

took it home
called h&r
they said it was gen2 2013 model with Remington barrel
barrel says "h&r 1871 ilion ny"

went out back to the woods
shot 7 rds bang every time
went back to the house disassembled it completely and cleaned it still had factory grease in the receiver
took off the recoil pad and put about 14 oz of sinkers stuffed in between crammed in wally world bags in the hollow buttstock and a 2 inch big sandy broken tip arrowhead,a real nice piece of orange material rock and a small broken tip Benton arrowhead

bout 16-17 oz of weight added

gun recoils nice and soft

I have put about 150 rds thru the gun so far on the trap range,
skeet is for the gays........ best i have shot yet is a 19 with the full .700 rem choke and it goes bang every time
even mixing and matching low velocity and high velocity loads

gonna put a truglo green bead on it and get a Carlson modified improved .705 ported sporting clays choke for it and call it good
got 3 spare Teflon coated Remington 1100 O-rings
2 at the house and one in my wallet
and the original in the gun
gonna buy some more shells after deer season
and pattern it on paper
see what shell patterns best in 1 1/8th oz #8,s around the 1250-1300 fps range

gonna be my dove gun probably see bout 200-250 rds a yr at the most
1st semi auto I have ever had
im happy with my "cheap" reliable Turkish shotgun

Last edited by renegade50; 09/21/16.