Ribka,

I didn't get to see the point. However, from the details, it was on a Hen that was willing to wait. Brian, the guy on the left who also has the other Pointer, said she stopped and fortunately he was close. The bird flushed and naturally the pup broke.

On the whole, they work well. The adult Pointer is usually out ahead of mine. If their beeper goes off, then I can usually bring the flushers in and not mess up the point. Toby the black Springer pretty much would hear the beeper and stop. However, with the new guy the jealousy gene has kicked in and he wants to be the first in on a retrieve.

If the flushers pick-up the scent first then it is theirs to go for it.

Often if they pick-up scent, I let them work it and I catch up to the guys down the line, if it is one they don't put up quickly.

Flushers Toby and Merlot do almost all of the retrieving and finding down birds.

Didn't have many big runners today in that these Birds hadn't been out that long. However, a Bird that gets up and is crossing or going away at 30 yards isn't all that much different than the real thing. The GC does a better than good job of having the Birds flight conditioned.

WCH:

Brian on the left uses a Beretta Ultralight O/U. Sam on the right was using an SKB SxS 20Ga. Usually uses a semi 12.

I used the old Parker 16 again.

Addition: on that place, I could only guess the acreage of cover like that planted exclusively for Pheasants. Maybe a thousand. Different pieces all over. Some of the individual pieces, it takes 4-5hours to hunt the majority of it. Great place to introduce a Dog new to the game. They should get a gang of contacts that speeds up the learning curve.

Last edited by battue; 11/18/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler