Met with a really neat character that's been waiting and wanting to show me an "old Marlin, in 44 caliber", that he had no real idea as to, regarding correct ammo, or nuttin' else.
....Been walking on air, and feeling good after fondling it at some length, the owner's bright, and does not want to part with it,....or have it trashed by some hack that buys "Cowboy Loads" from bargain basements.

BEST part of the encounter is that it's likely we'll be able to trace the old beast right back to it's original lair / ranch, and get serious territorial days provenance.

*'87 model in .44 WCF,....
* Almost pristine and VERY shootable bore, yet an exterior that SCREAMS, "I was here, in the SW, and saw ALL of it"....
*Screws are trashed,...the thing's been dismantled and re-assed with Bowie Knives, fencing pliers, and Cafe spoons.
*Mesquite thorn Pommel and Wagon Box wear that is impossible to mock up, or replicate
*Really slick and tight in the action
*May well be, hell, most likely rode in Sonora during that little disturbance that blew by when it was young.
It'll be over for a check up, and re-commissioning (need some 44 WCF brass)
.....will be taking some photos and post em'

Warm Sun and some cool beers made the afternoon smooth, and left us grinning

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain