Chopped second one. Pictures. I did not include the guts pics before... I am not advocating anyone do this, just that 'd prefer a low, capped windage dial on my SWFAs... Probably a good idea to center/sight in before. Did not on the first. No worries, it just threaded inward a bit further to come to center, however going the other way would not be best resulting in the brass disc sticking outside the protection of the 'splined turret house tube'.... The splines visible do indeed hold some stuff internally, I suppose, but, they do not turn when you spin the brass. That 'splined turret housing tube' is threaded into the scope body, righty tighty. I am no opticaloligist but certain you don't want to unscrew that. The thin sleeve that has the markings on it is just glued on the shaft, like with a drop of super glue. #2 took a little effort to loosen up but came right off, put the twist to it clockwise... The 7/8" cap fit is too tight with the sleeve intact but other capping solutions may work, to leave the sleeve on for whatever reason desired. I'd think, on the sleeve with the elevation marking, a guy wanting permanence may desire to glue it a bit more.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4 Yes, CC I cut that chit off. LOL
[Linked Image]
5 Rather than use the thread file on this one I just cut the slot with the cut-off wheel. The cuts could be done neater. LOL
[Linked Image]
6 Don't turn the stuff left. Turn right. I felt this one move sligtly, tightening upon applying a bit o' force.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/25/16.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?