Ive got a Ruger M77 30/06 that is capable of 1/2" at 100 yds. I also have a tikka 270 that is capable of 1/2" at 100 yds. There is however night and day difference between the two rifles IMO.

My Ruger is glass bedded, trigger worked, Scope rings lapped, barrel dyna borecoated, and crown touched up. Load developement consisted of 3 different bullets, 2 powders, and a large number of loads with differing powder charges and seating depths. I did get there but it wasnt easy.

My first tikka I bought years ago I loaded 20 rounds with 2 different bullets, with varying powder charges! You can imagine my surprise when every load went under .64"

That was not what I had ever seen before! Not only that but it defied every thing I had read concerning conventional wisdom on reloading to achieve accuracy or mechanics of barrel harmonics and so on and so forth and yada yada yada!

Since my first tikka Ive acquired two more and all three rifles defy everything Ive read concerning how a firearm works and whats required to get there!

My conclusion of the matter is the Finns very likely have discovered that most rifle manufactures have been missing the true foundation of a rifle and have thus become expert entreprenuers in the art of finely applied bandaids.

Just my humble opinion

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field