Originally Posted by bonefish
Does putting the Tikka in a, stiffer/better/glass and pillar bedded, synthetic stock do anything for repeatable accuracy or is simply aesthetic? Understand that replacing the stock turns a 600.00 rifle into at least a 1000.00 rifle. Saw a Sako (Roughtech?) 7 series that had a fiberglass stock. Think the rifle was about 1000.00. Perhaps that is a bargain as well?
The groups I posted were shot with two 6.5x55 T3's. One is stainless in a walnut stock I bought off of Ebay that must have been a prototype. It's been bedded, both glass and pillar, and the barrel floated. It actually shot a little better when it was stock, I think.

My other one is a stock blue with synthetic stock. One will shoot some loads a little better than the other, and vise-versa, but both shoot very good.

It's always a luck of the draw type of thing as to getting a rifle/barrel combo that will produce very tight groups with some regularity, but the Tikka ups the chance significantly out of the box, I believe. Of course, so does handloading.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.