Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by fourbore
Originally Posted by El_Numero_Uno
There was a large number of No.1's that were recently made and not 2016 build and many of those were "highly discounted". Better get them while they are low!
The Rimfires are what I am suggesting for 2017. I know the factory knows how to make them; they have done it!!

Winchester just did the rimfires in the 1885 and my uninformed observation is they seem to sell very slowly and linger for a long while. I been patiently waiting to see some new center fire offering. Although there were a lot of Low Walls made in 22LR so it would seem to make sense. I did check online and they do now have traditional (crescent pain in the arm) hunter.The current 1885 rimfire sights are not very good, not for the money involved. I assume the tang is drill and tapped. So; it could have a tang sight added.

What are we going to do with a Ruger 22LR No1. Mount a scope and complain about the accuracy? Any chance of a real class act quality set of aperture sights? More than a marbles?

I know, I should be grateful the No1 remains alive and well. Ok, I am. But another $1200-1500 rimfire single shot, with nothing special about it? I would hope for more than just a collector novelty.

The market for the Browning single-shots, most of which have nice to stunning wood is pretty strong. The Winchester-branded ones, with mostly plain wood, don't seem to do so well. Funny thing is that CF models are often discounted, but not the RFs.

I am not sure how to take the longevity of the 1885 rim fires and lack of a next models. I was "guessing" they were waiting to sell all the rimfires before they offered the next model. Your take is they are selling well and are being produced instead of a new hi/lo wall offering. Which I wonder is the case? I also suspect the availability of the 1885 rimfire may have satisfied some of the rimfire demand for a No1.

I have a Winchester 1885 Tradition Hunter with nice enough wood. I dont see enough to dispute the averages.

More choices the better. I passed up the CZ/Brno effect based on pictures. After that was discontinued from import to usa, I handled one. Pretty nice gun after all. Sorry that is gone. I digress.

I look forward to some truly interesting/different No1s. They did a Lyman that was very cool. Maybe Ruger will think a little out of the box. More than just the oddball cartridge game. I dont see the big deal cartridge a,b,c who cares? A rimfire could work. But not just another No1 that just happens to be a 22lr. Make it something special! How about a aparture sight, fancy lever, palm rest 19th century target style rifle. Something,...