Originally Posted by 222Rem
So has Ruger made any statements of commitment to improving the figure and fit of their stocks?

I could talk myself into loving any one of a dozen cartridges and even cave to poor fitment if the wood is proud. But I refuse to bring home pallet wood.

I saw a new 6.5 creedmore No1 with what looked to me like circasian walnut. A really nice stock, but not like a high grade french/dark super fancy figure stock. It was a beauty if you appreciate that color and nice figure. It sold fast too. It was not an online type of price either.

I guess, if ruger got flooded with offers to pay an extra 300 per gun for guarantee fancy wood, that might get their attention. I dont see Ruger eating any profit margin for nice stocks as part as the current business model. They were hungry for market share in the old days. Perhaps they had a source for reasonable cost better wood. We will be lucky if they even continue the No1.

I see a lot of similarity in how CZ markets products to the old 1970's Bill Ruger days. They use some nice walnut for the 527's. CZ is changing too, the rimfires are a new cheap design and the wood got a lot plainer on those. The price of success?