Originally Posted by fourbore
Aquila is kind of my hero when it comes to rim fire ammo.

I believe the ammo shortage would have been a minimal event if the industry recognized there was an honest increase in demand for rim fire ammo. Instead they just pissed out the usual quantities of 22LR. I was able to buy RWS all through the shortage. That expensive stuff did not move as fast. For normal use, I was lucky to have a some old bricks. I even sold an old brick with the bullets turning white from corrosion. Everybody was happy, the stuff still went bang. You be surprised that is all a lot of new shooters want.

Ok, so Aquila stepped up like a good capitalist and invested in equipment an filled the vacuum. If not for Aquila, I believe we would still be in a shortage situation.

BTW, Claiming ammo is accurate without some kind data (numbers) is totally meaningless.

Is is possible that American ammunition manufacturers were busy filling military contracts for the good guys to train with and to shoot at the bad guys in Afghanistan and Iraq? OTOH, Mexican ammunition manufacturers don't need to make much military ammo, as the Mexican military spends its time hiding and pretending that the drug cartels don't control their country.

My standard for .22 LR ammo is how well it shoots at 50' from at least one of my accurate rifles. The Aguila SE subsonic that I have had twice as many different rim thickness measurements, 8, than the worst American standard grade ammo, not bulk pack, that I tested. The different rim thicknesses likely contributed to the fliers from the unsorted ammo.

I like the price that Sportsman's Guide is getting for Aguila SE standard velocity, $33.24 per carton, and will probably order a few cartons for plinking cans and such.