Originally Posted by fourbore
Is is possible that American ammunition manufacturers were busy filling military contracts for the good guys to train with and to shoot at the bad guys in Afghanistan and Iraq? OTOH, Mexican ammunition manufacturers don't need to make much military ammo, as the Mexican military spends its time hiding and pretending that the drug cartels don't control their country.

Wow, really? If you keep your criticism to the ammo it would be a lot more believable than mixing in a lot of weird sounding politics. That just makes you sound bias.

Well, I do have a negative bias toward Mexico. After all, most of the illegal drugs and illegal aliens come to the U.S. from Mexico.

As far as the ammo goes, my experience with Aguila appears to be different than most others. My Aguila experience is limited to 3 different varieties, with most of it coming from the one large lot of SE Subsonic ammo. I bought it for $20 per carton to plink with, but being a gadgeteer, I bought a Bald Eagle rim thickness gauge with the hope that using it would eliminate those annoying fliers. It did work, but the time required to sort the ammo didn't offset the difference in cost between the Aguila and the mid-grade Eley and RWS enough for me to want to keep doing it.

As noted earlier, I'll probably buy some of the cheap Aguila from SG for the kids to shoot at cans and rocks and sticks when we go to Colorado next week. If my kids don't shoot up their share, I'll give it to the ranch manager for his kids to shoot.