Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have been using the copper-plated HV stuff a LOT lately. I love it, it shoots better than Mini-Mags in my CZ 452, and it's every bit as reliable. I had a half-case before the election, but "just in case" Clinton DID win, I left the polling place and went directly over to a big shop locally, and bought a whole case of it. I think those 7500 rounds will last me awhile, but I have plenty of rimfire rifles and pistols to shoot it in. I shoot it in three .22 pistols, that 452 and a 455, 10/22, and a few others.
That shop had two pallets of it on hand.

It's reliable, accurate (in my guns, anyway) and most important, AVAILABLE.

Don't be scared of it, it's awfully good stuff.

That makes me want to go and try it. Albeit, I'd probably only buy a couple 50rd. boxes first to test accuracy, in my rifles and pistols. I see a lot of it around my area. Pretty tempting now..

bsa, got an email from TargetSports today and they dropped the price of the Aguilla again. Really should try a brick. At $32.99 and $33.99 respectively, you can't go wrong. I compare both of these to CCI equivalents.

I'm gonna pick up another brick of the Super Extra just for the handguns.

I think "Mexican Mini-Mag" is a good description.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...tandard-velocity-sp-1b222332-p-3435.aspx

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila-superextra-ammo-22-lr-40-grain-hv-sp-p-3436.aspx

Also, will use to test my 452 coming back from CZ Custom Shop in a couple days after shortening the barrel, threading, and a trigger job. Total $92 for the work. Can't beat that, I don't think. While grilling Harlan on the work done I asked him what to expect as far as accuracy. He said "Better than before". Can only imagine how that will be because it would drive spikes before. grin

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/13/17. Reason: Corrected the free shipping. Only applies to case qty or more.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH