I've got you all beat with these scam calls. In the mid 90's we were having Christmas dinner at our house in Vermont, with my MIL, FIL , and BIL. The second BIL was supposed to be there also, but just before we were ready to eat, the 2nd BIL calls and wants to talk with everyone as to why he can't make Christmas dinner! It seems he is already on his way to Florida to a friends house. It seems that he has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer, and he is going to Florida to die. He said all his good byes and put his parents, and two sibling thru hell, one being my wife, on Christmas day. All he asked was if we could find it in our hearts to send money to his friends house in Florida, to his attention, for his last few months on this earth.

Needless to say, it was a very quick dinner, and everyone left, crying and sobbing. I told my wife that if she sent her brother any money, it was against my will. Her brother had been a druggie all his life, and made a living off scamming people, including his parents and brother, more than once. Wife's parent's and brother sent money numerous times, and guess what? He made a miraculous recovery! That was 30 years ago, the parents have long since passed, the good brother passed 5 years ago, and this scumbag lives to this this day on Govt assistance and never worked a day in his life. Ain't America great!