Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Unless things have changed, you can import the wolf yourself once you have the cites permit and save yourself a lot of money. It will require a trip back to get it, but might not be that big a deal for someone close to the border. I'm sure you could arrange with a local taxidermist to store at a minimal charge.

I ended up leaving two skulls and a marginal hide when I found out how much it was going to be to have them expedited across the border. In hindsight I should have had the outfitter just hang on to the skulls until I came back the next year and brought them back myself.

Im sure I paid a premium due my not doing homework on this as I did not know it was a requirement until after I had killed my Wolf. Expensive lesson learned but all in all it will be worth it as the chances of me ever killing another Wolf is slim. Just wanted to throw it out there so people are aware. Looks like you have some good info there. I got the Skull as well. I need to make a shelf and hanger for when I get the hide back.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....