I have a Benelli SBE2, that I bought because I thought I wanted the "ultimate turkey gun ". I hunted with it for 2 seasons, and killed my limit each year, one shot per turkey, and made a couple of very impressive long shots. Oh, by the way, that was shooting a 3 1/2 inch 12 guage. The following year, I did something I hadn't done in ages....missed a turkey. Then to top it off, the same morning, I missed another. The culprit was the sight, a halo sight, that somehow got off by a smidgeon. Who knows what really happened, but since then I've started using a 20 guage, with an occasional hunt with my first "real" turkey gun, a 12 guage Winchester 1300 pump. My 20 is a Remington 870 youth model that I've added an Indian Creek choke and a scope to. I guess the Benelli would be more versatile, as would the Winchester, but I could also remove the scope from the 870 and use it for other thing. My point is, you could spend $1600 for a shotgun, but personally, I'd buy something a lot less expensive and use the leftover funds for other things. Despite what some folks think, a gun that you're going to shoot a turkey at 40 yards with, does not have to cost a lot of money. It's the shells and the choke that enable one to turn an ordinary gun into a turkey gun.