Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I'd take the 20" over the 24" all-day every day, especially if you're not a peasant and own a suppressor. My wife's 20" CTR .260 is the most accurate factory rifle I've ever owned.

It's a CTR (COMPACT Tactical Rifle).... if you go with the 24" pipe then it's just a TR... laffin...

Haha I agree. But I am in peasant status still so I will keep the 24" barrel to try it out. If I hate the extra length or get a suppressor it I can always have it cut down and rethreaded easily. Can't weld on extra barrel length wink

So for now just going with a simple brake and the long barrel. Normally I am a short barrel fan as only one of my bolt action rifles aside from this CTR is longer than 21". Figure given my purpose of the rifle I will give a standard 24" barrel a try again wink

I will be dropping it in a chassis so I can adjust the LOP way down for my nieces and nephew to hunt and practice too. Figure a 10 pound all up Creedmor with a brake on it than I can fit to them should be pretty comfy for them to learn on and then me to extend the stock on and plink away myself.