ribka,

You'll have a fine experience in Namibia, but I feel compelled to add a few details to my earlier post:

The smaller, high-fenced operations in RSA are primarily in the southern and eastern parts of the country. That region has much higher rainfall than Namibia, which is very dry except for some of the very small Caprivi Strip, due to Namibia being primarily situated north and south along the Atlantic Ocean.

RSA also has about 50% more area than Namibia, and the highest mountains rise more twice as high as high as Namibia's, and stretches from the Atlantic to the Indian Oceans. As a result of all those differences, plus it's southern region being much further south than any part of Namibia, the climate, terrain and vegetation varies far more over RSA.

In the northwestern part of South Africa, the Karoo which borders Namibia, the country is much drier, and not surprisingly resembles much of Namibia. Plus, it's harder to get to than Natal, the Eastern Cape and other parts of southeastern RSA close to the major airports in Johannesberg or Cape Town. Consequently there aren't the small, high-fenced properties most hunters think are typical of South Africa. The biggest place I've hunted in the Karoo was over 200,000 acres, and aside from the some corrals was "fenced" exactly like ranches in eastern Montana and Wyoming, with a few strands of barbwire no more than 3-4 feet tall. Consequently, there were fewer species of big game than on the small, high-fenced properties so many people think are typical of South Africa, but I took the biggest springbok and gemsbok I've taken anywhere, and there were plenty of good black wildebeest as well--all free-ranging.

However, there weren't any kudu, because there wasn't enough brushy cover. But BOTH the greater kudu I've taken in RSA (which included my biggest) were free-ranging, and taken further east--both along major rivers, one in the middle of the country along the Vaal River, and the other from its most northern reaches, an island in the middle of the Limpopo River. The channel on the RSA side happened to be dry. The river flowed along side of the island--and across the water was Botswana. There weren't any fences close to either river.

The two Cape kudu I've taken were both from high-fenced properties in the Eastern Cape--but both were over 35,000 acres, and both were up in steep canyon country, miles from the low-country fences.

As noted, you'll be very happy hunting Namibia, but I just needed to point out that people who've only hunted one region of South Africa often don't have any idea of what the rest of South Africa contains.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck