Originally Posted by dale06
I bowhunted Zimbabwe once and then SA twice. All three trips were tremendous. Unfortunately I can not comment on Namibia.
All of my hunts were high fence over water and in some cases bait and water. No apologies from me for that kind of hunt, if you don't like it, don't do it.
Some animals were very difficult and several I wanted, I never had come to the blind. And some were really easy. But that's the way it worked for me. I don't know the size of the high fences, but was told the smallest we hunted was 10,000 acres and I believe the largest was 34,000 acres. Yes it was high fence, but it did not seem like the animals were in captivity and I had them cornered next to a fence.
I would and may go back to Africa again, to either SA or Namibia.
Basis my experience, I believe spot and stalk with a bow would be very very difficult.
If it were my first safari, I would target kudu, zebra, impala, wart hog and blue wildebeest.
I felt very safe in SA and the accommodations were first class. In Zimbabwe, we were stopped at road blocks several times and the PH was questioned by the police or military. Nothing came of that as I think the PH told them to pound sand. The accommodations were fine, but not high end. Zimbabwe was just a little more primitive.
Good luck on your safari.

Spot and stalk bow hunting seems to be a new trend and the guys love it. It does however take a special PH to conduct these kind of hunts.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]