Originally Posted by badger
Yes, it's a pain in the azz on the newer ones. I've found it easier to remove the intake tube between the turbo and the air filter housing and do it from the top. Easier that is, to do it without making a mess. My '03 was a breeze compared to my '14.

I saw where some folks do it the way you describe, but after looking at the stuff I would have to remove to do it that way, I decided not to. It looked like it would still be tight that way too, even with the air filter housing and lines removed.

So, I decided to try it this way this time. Sounds like either way is a pain. Good thing I don't need to change the oil every 3k, I might consider selling it, ha!

On my '05, I had to replace the water pump in a NAPA parking lot in a podunk town in eastern CO. But, I was still able to do it. Looking at this new one, I'm not sure that I could.

On the plus side, the fuel filters weren't hard.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan