Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lots of state/national forest land to hunt in Florida.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelhead ,

Morning , where did you get that buck in Florida -the one you posted a picture of ?

Ernie ,

My advice on florida would be to get inland -away from the coastal brush/jungle . You will find it very hard to hunt -tangled vines with devils walking canes everywhere -meaning vines with stickers on them like bobcat claws -laf . Very swirly winds that blow 360* and nocturnal deer herd -the rut can start from Christmas and go to turkey season in the spring . Some of the best deer killed are in the late muzzleloader season --last week of season on public land.
Getting back away from the coast you will find far more hardwood tree areas -but with easier access you will also get more hunting pressure of coarse .
I'm in a lease north of panama city beach -off of Hwy. 79 the lease presidents grandson got a doe this year and a pig .
Nobody else has reported getting any deer -not saying they didn't but nothing has been posted on our private facebook page .
I saw my first buck on game cam last fall -and have only saw one Doe there in 5 years -it was at night . I have two cameras running all the time and have only had pictures of a couple of Does . Slim pickens around here for deer - some hogs but they are very smart and hard to kill .
I have went hunting w/a friend near Evergreen ,AL. -very nice lease with plots -herds of deer -brought two Does home each time I went and saw lots of bucks when dog hunting -they're slippery buggers and can get past you real quick like .

The Academy hunts sound good -never heard of them .

Quota hunts around here are first come first served basis -often times quotas aren't even filled - but that's because of the terrain available for hunting -i.e. thick jungle tangled mess with very little deer success . I hear and see of deer killed on WMA's -usually it's by people who live right by the WMA -word is A LOT of baiting goes on in their secret baiting spot -which doesn't bother me -they're just doing what it takes to put a deer in the freezer .

We have a huge predator problem here [protected 500+lb. black bears wild dogs coyotes bobcats panthers] and with only snaring and box traps being legal it will remain the same . Plenty of coons/possums/skunks/fox/hawks/owls/eagles that keep turkey numbers very low also. And the number of trappers in Florida is EXTREMELY LOW almost non existent .

Check out the Delta in south alabama on youtube --very remote places in there .
You better be well equipped with direction -GPS reliable boat/motor etc. and be ready to spend the night . Get lost in there you might not come out .
Seems like every year there are people who die there -lost -flipped boat wet and froze -drown etc. -two young lads died a couple of years ago trying to cross a big body of water in a canoe . It looks like it did 300 years ago .
If you decide to do something like a delta hunt -let me know I've been wanting to go back in there myself . It's not a walk in place for the most part from what I understand .

Good luck to you ..
Mike

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.