Couple of observations on the Minox ZV-3 3-9X40 scope.

I have not had a chance to shoot the rifle the scope is mounted on yet. But have noted a couple of items of concern.

First, the scope is very sensitive to flare caused by light coming from the side, most especially at over 4X. At 3X it is not very noticeable, but at 9X under the same lighting conditions the scope is almost unusable. I will test this more when I can get it outdoors more. (I'm uncomfortable waving a rifle around in my back yard with neighbors nearby.)

Second, the Minox instructions say to use no more than 13 to 15 inch-pounds of torque on the rings. I used a FAT torque wrench with that setting for the Talley LW rings. Even at that low setting the rings left slight depressions in the tube. The scope does not bind on the power change mechanism but the rings indented the tube. The previous scope on the rifle (a Leupold 6X36) had the rings torqued to 20 inch pounds and there are no marks on that scope.

The view through the scope looks great and I still like the appearance of the reticle. It will be interesting to see how the scope will hold up to the recoil of 175 g. bullets going over 2900 fps in a 8 lb. 9 oz. rifle.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson