Just reading some of the posts on here makes me wonder what reasons people have for hunting with the guns? I started in 2011 with a Colt 6720 and a Kahles riflescope in a RRA scope mount. I killed a 10 PT with it and the 62 grain TSX and convinced myself that the 223 can kill big animals no differently than a 30-06. At first I used the guns as a novelty just to say it could be done and I had done it. The only draw back to the guns is that some are a it heavier than a comparable gun in bolt action. The other drawback that is my perception more than reality is that the bullet may be deflected a bit more by a trig that might not deflect a 165 as much. I built a 6.8 and while it is not a tack driver it's about a 2 MOA gun, but there is not a deer in the woods I cannot hit at the ranges I hunt at. I hunt with this gun and a Kimberly Montana in 308 and a Kimberly select classic in 257 bob. Why do I carry the 6.8 over the lighter and more powerful 308? Mostly due to hunting conditions. If it might involve running into a "flock" of hogs, a shot where I am dealing with close range but area where deer run between brush openings, or sometimes just because I want to.