Shot my only Cape buff with 0.423" 400 grain Swift A-Frames so can't comment specifically on the 458s. Both of the frontal chest shots penetrated into the guts - at least 3-4 feet. Would use them again without reservation. It's reasonable to expect the 0.458" bullets would not underperform. In fact I'll use 400 grain A-Frames in a 450-400 on a thick-skinned animal in Sept.

Don't think solids for buffalo are a good idea, given the frequency of other animals than the intended target milling about in the general area - overpenetration and wounding of unintended targets from pass throughs is a real possibility The predictable ability of modern bonded, partition bullets - A-frames, Trophy Bonded - to get into the vitals from any reasonable angle has pretty much obviated the need for solids in this scenario, IMHO..

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 04/15/17.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now