I would recommend the Woodleigh 500 grain softs and solids as bullets you could use in your .458 Winchester. Many other brands are too long to develop 2150 fps in a .458 Winchester; Nosler and Barnes being an example of this. The Hornadys' will work but are plated in soft copper over a steel jacket and the copper fouling has to be seen to be believed. The Woodleigh bullets employ a steel jacket which is clad in gilding metal. Fouling is not a problem as it is with the Hornady bullets.
72 grains of Accurate 2230 or 72 grains of Ramshot Exterminator (they are the same powder now) with the 500 grain soft, and 1.2-1.5 grains less with the 500 grain solid and you are set. Do not trim brass in rounds that need to be crimped the full 10 thou. Instead only trim 5 thousandths off. I do not expand the case mouth. Instead I use a Lyman 50 caliber VLD inside chamfer tool (7 twists) and I have never crumpled a case. Necks that have become brittle after too many sizing will not grip the bullet as well as softer brass. Annealing will help here. I recommend that you crimp the case using a Lee factory crimp die. Trying to crimp with a seater die will only lead to poor neck tension due to squashing down the neck causing it to buckle and reduce neck tension. The Lee crimp die is cheap and it is the best crimping method yet devised for such applications. I use RCBS lock rings on my Lee crimp dies as I do not like the Lee friction set up.
This is my load in my .458 Winchester, and the loading information is what I use in my CZ safari. It took a Cape Buffalo with a 1 shot kill. I used a Hornady solid with mine because the PH insisted. I took the top of the Buf's heart off with this 500 grain solid. I would never do it again. We were in the middle of the herd and the solid penetrated 4-5 feet of buffalo before exiting. We were just lucky another beast was not behind the one I shot. It would have been wounded by the exiting round and a rodeo would have ensued.
Many PH's do not handload as handloading is illegal or just not practical in many African countries and localities. What I am saying is many of these PH's know less about what bullets will work than you do. That is the reason so many Cape buffalo are still shot at with solid bullets.
Just my .02$. Good luck.