The Ruger No1 was invented by William B Ruger as the most modern accurate single shot Hunting Rifle. There were never any JUNK Barrels. There may have been some a little more accurate and some extremely accurate depending on the Caliber Configuration they were built in.
The Ruger started out using Douglas barrels then Wilson barrels and along the way to Ruger produced barrels there were 3500 to 4000 Green Mountain barrels used as needed for production. There is no way of identifying the difference in the barrels as they were supplied as blanks then machined to the desired configuration.
The Ruger No1 has always been a great rifle as designed for Hunting & even some Target shooting.
In my over 50 years of shooting & collecting them I have owned more the 200 of them with 60 being the most at any one time. I have shot probably 20 to 30 of them in various calibers configurations and never had one that didn't shoot Minute of Angle groups which was more than adequate for Hunting accuracy.

To all the Kitchen Table Gun Smiths that think they can improve on William B Ruger's design you're wasting your time. Enjoy it for what it is not something you want to dream up.