Originally Posted by JamesEssex
A silly thread.

Does the OP own any inaccurate No. 1s ? No of course not.

Another urban legend.

I own/owned 30+ made from day one to 2016.

ALL respond to a real cleaning, good loading and/or bedding tweeks.

If anyone has one that they can't get to shoot, I'll give you 500 bucks for it. (prefer early red pads)

Ruger did use several barrel makers (Douglas, Wilson, in House) all will produce hunting accuracy appropriate to their chambering.

Clean the bore to bare metal, bore scope it and see what's what. 99.9% of those repeating the Ruger barrel myth have never done that, just reparrot what the last guy said.

Absent a gross manufacturing defect or abuse, any barrel will shoot if you invest the time.

Originally Posted by JamesEssex
A silly thread

Does the OP own any inaccurate No. 1s ? No of course not.

Another urban legend.

I own/owned 30+ made from day one to 2016.

ALL respond to a real cleaning, good loading and/or bedding tweeks.

If anyone has one that they can't get to shoot, I'll give you 500 bucks for it. (prefer early red pads)

Ruger did use several barrel makers (Douglas, Wilson, in House) all will produce hunting accuracy appropriate to their chambering.

Clean the bore to bare metal, bore scope it and see what's what. 99.9% of those repeating the Ruger barrel myth have never done that, just reparrot what the last guy said.

Absent a gross manufacturing defect or abuse, any barrel will shoot if you invest the time.

Glad they shoot well for you. I have had four, three were heavy barrel varminters. None of the four shot accurately, even after several fore end accurazing tweaks, after market triggers ( Kepplinger) and other expensive attempts at accuracy enhancement.
Great looking rifles but I'll never own another.

NRA Patron