Originally Posted by hanco
We have had ultra mags, we have had short mags, now we have Nosler mags. We have had a lot of mostly miss new cartridges in the last few years.

I have several of them, 26 Nosler, 270 and 300 WSM's. I like them, but didn't really need them.

What will they come out with next to make us spend our money?

J.B. Calls this "churn", stirring up business with new stuff and making us feel like we gotta have it. Since firearms are pretty much the epitome of durable goods, and we've largely pushed the envelope as far as it can go, even allowing for new powders and bullets, I'm not sure what comes next; maybe long-action magnum ARs? I don't think the current WSM ARs are setting any sales records, so that's likely a wash.

New shooters currently running Tupperware rifles will be good candidates for upgrades in time, I suppose, but many of them might just decide that cheap and accurate is the new normal for rifles, kinda like Glocks are the new normal for handguns.

I have noticed that a couple of Euro arms companies are getting into optics and other accessories, but that's been done here, at least with clothing, with only modest results. Browning used to sell rebranded Bushnells and maybe Pentaxes, but gave it up.

Maybe it's time for a new brush cartridge.😜

What fresh Hell is this?