One area that has room to grow here is airguns. As I've mentioned a time or two, I regularly watch British hunting shows on Youtube. A couple of the better ones have airgun spinoffs. Those folks take their BB guns very seriously, spending more on their toys than most of us do on real ones. It's not just because gun laws there are strict, as anything generating over 12 foot-pounds in England requires the same license as a firearm and in
Scotland, any airgun does (although there's a bit of civil disobedience going on there about that).

The Brits take their pest control very seriously, with various pigeons, rats, rabbits, jackdaws, crows, foxes, and even flocks of beautiful little green parrots on the menu. One serious pest is American gray squirrels, introduced by someone, possibly as our payback for starlings. Some of the setups with night-vision, infrared, video-through-the-scope, and electronic scopes cost thousands; pounds, not dollars. The shooting can be very challenging given the looping trajectories and wind drift.

A while back, there was a test of airguns for use on foxes, using actual fox heads for targets. A PCP .30 caliber just crushed them. I'd have no reservations about using one on stuff as large as a turkey, after seeing that.

Check out Airheads and The Airgun Show.

What fresh Hell is this?