I just thought of something MD, perhaps you could help.

I may be retiring to that "Western" state that has instituted an upcoming statewide ban on hunting with lead projectiles. I will therefor have a need for a lighter weight non toxic (except to the critters I shoot?) bullet than is currently available in .25 caliber (calibre for the Canuckians). There are loads of jackrabbits, a goodly number of cottontail and coyotes, Belding's ground squirrels and other game right out my back door and I'd love to be able to take my guns for a walk in the woods. It's much more fun to be able to bring them loaded and not having to worry about running afoul of the law.

I'll be using them, hopefully, in my 25-20 and .256 Win Mag firearms. My thoughts had been to get a mini-lathe and cut down some Barnes bullets (I think they have 110's and 117's?). I discussed this on Marlinowners a couple of years back and got lots of good input on their 25-20 thread.

Perhaps, in your next conversation with him, could you speak to Mr Emary about the feasibility of developing a flex-tip mono (or a flat tip?) in the 60-90 grain range? It would seem to be a good fit for a lot of lever guns, and in my case a revolver too.

There's going to be a great variety of fine firearms made useless in that state. I do understand the business end of things, if they can't sell enough to cover the tooling costs etc, it ain't going to happen. For all I know, Hornady has already looked into it.

If you can talk to Dave, it would sure be appreciated. A modern bullet for 25-20 might make sense to some folks down south for hogs too? And maybe re-invigorate the .256 (was it ever invigorated?)

Thanks,
Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?