Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
What Redneck is speaking of is what I was saying in my earlier post. I realize that some might have other experiences. The 1st used 100 I bought back in the early 80's was a 308. It only cycled flawlessly about every 3 shots. My 243 and 1st 284 worked great every time.

I recently found a used 284 for a good price and bought it. It would fire, but every other operation of the cycle was a no go...lol. I googled the 100 to see what all I might be looking at, and was amazed at all I found on the subject. If anyone doesn't think that they have a problem, just google the rifle. There is a company out there that bought the rest of Winchester's inventory of parts (or so I have read..on the internet so it has to be true!). Parts are high and I think you can send the rifle to them, but as stated above...it is expensive. I bought parts for mine and had a local guy but haven't picked it up yet so don't know if it is working or not. But if you do send it to the place that bought the parts, also as stated above, they DO NOT guarantee it to work. So...you can be out several hundred's of dollars and still not having a working gun.

My three (3) Winchester/Olin 100s work fine and GPC still has the only parts that I've ever had to replace.

The company that bought the Winchester parts is Nu-Line Guns in Rhineland, MO.

www.nulineguns.com