Originally Posted by jimmyp
I respectfully disagree. As you are not a gun manufacturer and a single experience bears little weight against the decision by two venders to chrome their chambers, I would bet on Browning and Benellis recognition of the problem. Your single data point experience means little against overwhelming evidence that carbon steel chambers on semi auto's are problematic. Myself I have seen dozens of Remington's with a fired shell stuck in the chamber. My black gun barrels are all chromed or stainless. Zero problems in 35 plus years of shooting them.

I happen to like Winchester/Olin 100s in 243 and 308, but not so much if they are chambered in 284. I have owned at least a dozen Winchester/Olin 100s over the past forty (40) years and still have three (3) that I manage to hunt with every couple of years. I doubt that I'll ever buy another semi-automatic hunting rifle, as the four (4) that I currently have meet my needs.

In this case, there is lots of anecdotal evidence that doesn't sync with my experience, but that's OK with me.