Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

My three (3) Winchester/Olin 100s work fine and GPC still has the only parts that I've ever had to replace.
Some, yes.. But when (not if) the action bars breaks off the trigger group - you're basically DONE. There's one guy that makes the replacement gas piston assembly but I've not had the opportunity to require his part. No idea what it costs, but if you need one - you pay it..

Oh, and GPC's 'replacement' extractors are worthless. BTDT. Pay the price, get an original, and boogie on..

The company that bought the Winchester parts is Nu-Line Guns in Rhineland, MO.

www.nulineguns.com
That's the outfit I was referring to above in my earlier post..

And if anyone doesn't know how to PROPERLY remove & replace the action from the stock is asking for serious issues.. Not to mention ya better FULLY disassemble that rifle, clean same, and pay attention when re-assembly or you'll be making another trip to some 'smith who'll even THINK of taking 'em in..

FWIW. smile

AFAIK, the extractor that I purchased from GPC and installed in that particular rifle has worked as intended for the past eleven (11) years. I bought extras for my rifles, but have never had to use any of them.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Winchester/Olin 100s in 243 and 308 that I've owned, so that is the only anecdotal feedback that I can offer to the OP.