I had that same kayak for 4 years. Used it a ton on some fairly large lakes. Fly fished off it as well. It tracked very well and it didn't take much effort to keep it moving well, even against a headwind. I didn't stand in it! Can't recall the replacement seat I used but it worked well and raised my butt up about 5 inches.

The scupper holes allow a bit of water to bubble up if you carry significant weight. I weigh 190, but the water goes back down. You will get damp so if you are fishing chilly weather, dress accordingly.

With kayak fishing, you either use a small net, or make sure you don't reel the fish all the way to the tip of your pole. You want to be able to bring the fish to your hand. Remember, the kayak goes where your head goes. You lean too far over and you're going to join the catch!

Any kayak paddle will work. But do yourself a favor. Get a collapsable oar from Walmart. It collapses down to about 2 feet. I use the main paddle to get me into position to fish, and then I set it aside and for small corrections in position, I use the short paddle one handed.

When I say corrections in position, a little goes a long way. On a windless day, even a small stroke causes a kayak like the Field and Stream to keep going and going and going! IT is very hydrodynamic!

I recently gave the kayak to a friend. I now use two kayaks. One is the Native Watercraft Propel 13 pedal kayak, and the other is the new Perception Pescador Pilot pedal kayak.
Haven't much experience on the Pescador, but the Native Watercraft is a fishing machine!!! I can cover huge lakes and keep up 3 to 4 miles per hour with no more effort than walking on flat ground at that same pace. Slow and easy. It's nearly "effortless!"

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain