Got back out Monday night for about 90 minutes. Still windy, but the Eagle Talon handled great. Still loving how easy it is to move from place to place and to anchor, though I need a better solution for storing the anchor line. Ordered a stadium seat to replace the factory seat, that one's fine for a couple hours of fishing but I can tell it won't have enough back support to make 4 or 5 hours much fun.

Fishing started out slow, caught a couple of crappie on a jig up by the rocks. One of the other guys was fishing his favorite spot and hauling in 8"-12" crappie on pretty much every cast, they were definitely loving whatever jig he was using.

I moved down the lake away from the rocks to some mud flats and got into the bass. At least 10 bass in 60 minutes, most in the 2lb-3lb range with 2 fat 18"'ers that should easily be 4lb each. What a blast! Couple others that threw the hook before landing 'em, and one was a big one.. A whole lot of jumping, they were definitely hungry and active, just had to find where they were. Didn't have any problems bringing them in the boat, though one of the big ones did try to get cute by cutting directly under the kayak from one side to the other. Might bring along a net in the future, caught a couple of 7lb largemouth out of there over the last few years and would hate to miss one because I miss a lip grab.

White Mepps Aglia #3 caught most of them, also had a white jig with brown/yellow tube skirt on it about 18" down under a bobber and one of the 18" bass grabbed that right off the side of the kayak.

Had a heck of a downpour this morning, probably take a couple of weeks for the water to clear up enough to bring the fishing back to what it was this weekend. Got a couple other spots I might haul it out to in the meantime.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com