Okay, that was way more fun than I expected! Saturday was an absolutely perfect day, so naturally I couldn't get out. Today the wind was 15-20 with gusts to 40, so I sat at home and growled. Finally said screw it at 6:30 and headed out, got rain coming in Tuesday and supposed to last 4 or 5 days and I'm just not going to wait another 2 weeks for the water to clear up to get out.

I hugged the dam which gave me some break from the wind, but it really wasn't a problem and that's some of the best fishing anyway. That kayak scoots along easy as heck and the 1.5lb anchor does fine for keeping me in position when I wanted to. Should have headed out at noon and fished all day.

Caught one nice fat 16" largemouth, couple of other bites but that was it for an hour of fishing. One of the other guys was pulling in crappie after crappie with a tube grub under a bobber, might give that a try tomorrow. Think a half day of vacation is called for. grin

No pic of it on water, the phone stayed in the car this time and with only an hour of fishing I didn't dink around. The roof racks are the Rola racks off of Amazon, work great.

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com