WDEA,

I use a 4 1/2-30X50. ALL the time when I am hunting it is set on 4 1/2X. I usually find game with the binoculars but occasionally I find them while walking to a place where I plan to glass. Some time I find something and want to take a closer look. A couple years ago I was hunting Washington in a three point or better area. They define three point or better as a fork with an eye guard or a main beam with two points on it. I found a buck with the binoculars way out on the flat. I could not tell it had three points on one side until the scope was clear up to 25X. On two other occasions I needed to turn up the scope. One I discovered it was legal on 10X and another I discovered it was a shooter on 12X. In both cases I fired with no further a due. If shooting squeaks it would be on 20X.

Almost all the time at the range it is set on 20X; even when shooting off hand. If I want to take a look at bullet holes way out there or show off I turn it up to 30X. When it is on 30X I could read the words "Post Reply" at the bottom of this page if they were 100 yards away.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter