I run all my scopes on max power most all the time. As far as shifting POI on different powers I tested our Leupold LRT 20 and 25 power scopes years ago and they didn't shift at all. Currently the only scopes I turn down at all are 42 and 50 power. 32 power and down live on max. I raised my son the same way. We combat shoot ground squirrels where once we spot one it's fast and furious from 20 yards out to 500. Even when going on foot to check the cause of death the scope is on max. To follow up on big game in tight brush my son turns his copes down to 10 power or so. I personally don't get far from the roads myself anymore unless it's a flat pasture or prairie ground.

We run 20 power EFR Leupolds on our 17 HMR's. Nothing worse than letting a guest shoot one of our rifles and the first thing they do is dial the scope down to help them find the critters. Then we get it back and can't hardly make anything out due to low power. Since we got the March 50 power scopes I find myself constantly trying to turn everything else up. I'm so ruined now I can't hardly use a 20 power anymore. I feel like it's like some kind of cruel eye test trying to shoot anything especially paper on only 20 power. With 50 power I can slice up blue ball point pen lines at 100 yards. This is exaggerating now but I'm starting to feel that with anything 12 power or less a shotgun bead gives me about the same level of precision.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO