I had a thumbhole target 10-22 set up with a Jard trigger, Volquartsen barrel. I wasn't using it; it had been sitting in the safe for over 10 years. I wasn't too enthralled with the Jard. It had a lot of take up, although pretty smooth. Well, I took it apart and started adjusting it. It's well made, very simple with few parts. You can adjust sear engagment as well as disconnector engagement. I got it to a really nice 2# pull with just a touch of take up. Didn't want to minimize sear engagement too much.

With the Jard, you can't engage the safety and cock the hammer, the trigger must move to engage the sear, unlike the Ruger. It has very few moving parts, unlike the Ruger. The sear and trigger are one piece, not a series of parts. That makes for a great trigger pull, just with some quirks. You cycle the bolt, cocking the hammer, apply the safety, ensert the clip, chamber a round and you're in business. I like the larger trigger guard and rear safety.

I replaced the heavy target stock with a Hoque rubber coated stock from Brownells. I'd seen them, never worked with one. For the price, they're pretty impressive. The Hogue was inletted for the Ruger OEM fire control unit, not the Jard. The Dremel fixed that in short order.

I already had this VX-2 3-9x40 CDS, so I mounted it with med Weavers. I like it.

I'm gonna get these folks (http://customturretsystems.com/my-labels/builder/) to make a ballistic tape for my current favorite hunting ctg, the Federal Game Shok, 38 gr. HP. B.C. is .131, MV is 1260 fps, 50 yds/1110 fps, 100 yds/1010 fps. With a 50 yd. zero, it's down 5.5" at a hundred, 19.5" at 150 yds. Now who would want to shoot a .22LR at 150 yds. Me, maybe on a still day, just for the heck of it. Maybe 200 yds., depending on max reading at one full revolution of the CDS. The tape is a lot cheaper than a dedicated turret.

Even though the VX-2 has a std. 100 yd. parallax setting, unlike rimfire scopes with a 50 yd. setting, I think it'll be OK. I could send it back for parallax reset, but don't think that's going to be necessary.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Volquartsen brake.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 05/12/17.