Originally Posted by kragman1
Dirtfarmer - I will certainly do that. Like I said, smooth and pretty light the way it is, but there is time take up that I'm not a fan of. Its a very good trigger the way it is now. It might be excellent after some adjustment. I like the oversized guard too.

Boy, I hope I find some HV stuff that it likes. It really belongs inn the woods, not at the range.

When you take the bottom plate off (held on by the one screw) you'll see the one piece sear/trigger part. Drift out the retaining pin, remove the part. The rear set screw adjusts sear engagement, the front one, disconnector engagement. The excessive trigger take up can be adjusted by advancing the rear screw.

After all is done, adjust the set screw in the trigger so the safety will work properly. I like just a hair of trigger play with the safety engaged to make sure the safety has room to work.

I adjusted the trigger take up to almost nothing, left just a hair. The trigger takes up slack, then there is slight resistance for the clean pull, sorta two stage, I guess. Mine now has very little take up, is 2#'s. You can change out the spring to alter pull wt.

The bolt hold open part is pretty neat. You press it in, the bolt is held back. You pull the bolt back, the spring loaded part drops down releasing the bolt. Mine would bind, so I carefully filed the slot until the bolt lock part moved freely.

I like this trigger more now after working with it.

DF